Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In their history, submarines were called by many names such as 'eel boats', 'plunging boats', 'devil divers', and 'pig boats'. Technically, and by size, the submarine is a ship, but it has been called a boat since its earliest days, and the term is steeped in tradition. Submariners almost invariably call their ships 'boats".
Submarine photos
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

submariner
Posted 2009-09-03 11:21 PM (#30424)
New on board

Subject: Submarine photos

Hello,
I am trying to make a "photo wall" with submarine related pictures
If you can be interested you can visit the following website and freely post your images through the "photo wall" link on the home page.

http://mightysub.googlepages.com

Thanks in advance
Ric
Posted 2009-09-03 11:34 PM (#30427 - in reply to #30424)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Submarine photos

First I'd suggest you find a way to disable all those pop-ups your site has. You won't get many people by annoying them. I won't be back because I don't support click through marketing revenues like that. You want to be serious find another hosting site that is less annoying.

Second tell us something about yourself. You call yourself "submariner" does that mean you are submarine qualified? Just curious. If so what boat or boats. You might have shipmates here. Basically tell us why we should do this.
MAD DOG
Posted 2009-09-04 2:08 AM (#30428 - in reply to #30427)

Master and Commander

Aw Geez,Ric.why you pickin on the poor guy?I went to his website and I won a truckload of playstations,tvs,and the like.It was like Christmas.LOL
submariner
Posted 2009-09-04 1:02 PM (#30441 - in reply to #30427)
New on board

Hello,

I think there must be a misunderstandning. The pop up are coming from a kind of "referencing site" for blogs. I do not get anything from this. I have deleted their bar from my HTML. Please let me know if they still appear. Sorry for any inconvenience

Do you know a good free referencing site?

Back on submarines, my idea is only meant to be a "fun and collaborative" initiative. Hope you can participate

To answer another question I received. I am Mike. I went to the "submarine world" by chance through modelling. I started documenting myself on the net / movies / books. I did not have the opportunity to get into one (except museum-converted ones)

Thanks in advance

Mike

http://mightysub.googlepages.com
submariner
Posted 2009-09-05 1:36 AM (#30461 - in reply to #30424)
New on board

apparently some pop ups are still coming up. Yet I deleted the weborama window. DO not quite understand !!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software