Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Like the destroyer, the submarine has created its own type of officer and man with language and traditions apart from the rest of the service, and yet at the heart unchangingly of the Service” -- Rudyard Kipling, The Fringes of the Fleet, 1915
my observations for all (Jerks, idiots, pinheads, etc. that I have seen here this past few weeks.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

docbeeghly
Posted 2009-09-05 5:10 AM (#30464)
Senior Crew

Subject: my observations for all (Jerks, idiots, pinheads, etc. that I have seen here this past few weeks.

I don't know how many of you young guns here remember Ol'Goats (After Battery BBS) but it was my favorite as is Dons BBS now. and it was Posts such as we have seen here lately that so tic'ed off Ol"Goat (Ray Stone) that he shut down his BBS and doesn't even post anymore. (Thank goodness he preserved the stories that were posted on his board. many of which were the work of 'DEX)

Now I don't know the first thing about setting up and running a BBS but I know it is quite an undertaking and requires a great deal of patients, frustrations and a number of other things that come to mind.

I am afraid if the current trend keeps up Don will get fed up with all the animosity here lately and that this BBS will go the same route as Ol'Goats BBS and I will have to find a new favorite BBS (not an easy thing to do!!!

Now for Ric and the spelling checkers out there. I hope I have seperated this post enough to prevent too much eye strain and over taxing the brain cells and I know I have spelled some words wrong but I ain't in no spelling contest and I don't have a dictionary handy. (sorry about that)

The beagle doc has spoken
crystal
Posted 2009-09-05 5:20 AM (#30465 - in reply to #30464)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: my observations for all (Jerks, idiots, pinheads, etc. that I have seen here this past few weeks

Good observation Doc! I guess I've been a bit busy of late and missed whatever fur has been flying "however" this goat and the original "Olgoat" will soon be sharing cigars and cognac in person, and that's a hell of a lot better than sitting by a screen trying to piss off people as has happened so many times in the past around here.  So, in parting shipmates; "play nice!"  See 'ya after the convention (as soon as can I heal up!)  LOL
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-09-05 5:49 AM (#30466 - in reply to #30464)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: my observations for all (Jerks, idiots, pinheads, etc. that I have seen here this past few weeks

So, if instead of finding your healing body, we just find the body with a colorful, although tasteless, tie wrapped tightly around your neck. Plus DNA evidence in your right ear, we should have a really good suspect in mind. Cognac, ah Rota and a large bottle (close to half a gallon) for $5 American. Hope you still have some stashed away somewhere. Otherwise Ol'Goat might put you in the poor house.
crystal
Posted 2009-09-05 6:02 AM (#30467 - in reply to #30464)

Master and Commander

Hey!  I resent that tie comment, I gave Olgoat a lot of those beautiful ties! (one even lit up!)...
crystal
Posted 2009-09-05 6:12 AM (#30471 - in reply to #30464)

Master and Commander

The ones around his neck in this shot, "I" gave him, the one he's holding (uggghhh!) "Baby Sis" (that short gal next to him) gave him! See how beautiful those ties are?

(agw.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments agw.jpg (75KB - 397 downloads)
Ric
Posted 2009-09-05 8:30 AM (#30477 - in reply to #30471)

Plankowner

I covet many of the 'goats' ties.... some are so tasteless that they are tasteful.
Sid Harrison
Posted 2009-09-05 9:08 AM (#30480 - in reply to #30464)

Great Sage of the Sea

If there were webcams secretly placed - the results might look like these:

I'm just sayin'...

Edited by Sid Harrison 2009-09-05 9:12 AM
Corabelle
Posted 2009-09-05 11:54 AM (#30484 - in reply to #30464)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Doc, I can tell you're a corpsman...

...'cause you have 'a great deal of patients.'

Cora
docbeeghly
Posted 2009-09-05 1:08 PM (#30492 - in reply to #30464)
Senior Crew

I wonder how many of our spelling critics caught that?
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-09-05 1:21 PM (#30493 - in reply to #30464)
Master and Commander

Say Doc B, time to update your E-mail address in Don's data base.
docbeeghly
Posted 2009-09-05 2:25 PM (#30497 - in reply to #30464)
Senior Crew

Done------(I think) Stoops didn't teach me that.
Tom McNulty
Posted 2009-09-06 6:42 AM (#30508 - in reply to #30464)

Master and Commander

I know what you mean Doc. I think that the After Battery BBS was started in part because some of the subject matter we were putting some R rated stuff an Ron's BBS that were getting pulled off the family channel. Then we had the "Chappy" like invaders that drove some away. I misss the After Battery too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software