Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: During their wartime operations submarines have engaged in some unusual maritime actions. One undersea craft slugged it out with the infantry and field artillery while other submarines destroyed a zeppelin, a bus, and a railroad train.
Kool Stuff
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Smiley
Posted 2009-09-06 12:33 PM (#30523)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Kool Stuff

We live in a time of really Kool stuff. My wife and I are in the middle of a weekend Motorcycle ride with around 50 brothers and their ladies in our local "Rolling Thunder MC".
Dot put her laptop in one of the saddle bags and here I am hooked up in Buffalo NY. Cell phones and remote email what a miracle of technology.. And I used to get excited whenever I would hear engineering say the reactor has gone critical.. Could you imagine what our Grand kids will experience?
Some times we take it all for granted and forget how truly lucky we are.. Hell my Hog can make this trip with no problems ..(yet)..
I remember when my old Sportster or Commando would be really challenge to make such a long trip with two up and a ton of baggage.. Thank goodness for technology eh..
Anyway greetings from Buffalo...time to sample the night life. Maybe I'll buy a barrel for my special BBS shipmate to try over the falls.. Hell maybe I'll try it myself.. HoooYah!
Coyote
Posted 2009-09-23 10:44 PM (#31124 - in reply to #30523)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Kool Stuff

You're too far north.

Here in Panama City Beach, FL. we're celebrating Thunder Beach.

Last year we had 30,000 bikes and perhaps 60,000 people who support them.

We residents love them. They do charity things, they do pickups, and all that. When they leave,. the place is clean.

Great People.

Coyltew
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-09-24 12:10 AM (#31125 - in reply to #30523)
COMSUBBBS

Smiley, you're in my old, pre'60s, stomping grounds. Have a good time and if you get a chance, go by the Anchor Bar for some original "Buffalo Wings". I can remember when they use to almost give them away back when it all started.
Tom McNulty
Posted 2009-09-24 6:07 AM (#31127 - in reply to #31125)

Master and Commander

Along with the Buffalo wings try a beef on weck. I guess that's how it's spelled. It'll give your heart a jump start.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-09-24 10:13 AM (#31132 - in reply to #31127)
COMSUBBBS

You're right Tom and with enough horse radish on it to melt the fillings out of your teeth. Good reason to have a picher of beer in standby. One of the best beef on weck was the Bayview Inn out near the Buffalo Bills Stadium. Hot damn...I'm starting to drool.
Yeah I know, drooling is a common occurance with old folks......so old "Wishbone" Clear has shown us.
RCK
Posted 2009-09-24 10:54 AM (#31134 - in reply to #31124)
Master and Commander

Here in Panama City Beach, FL. we're celebrating Thunder Beach

Here I thought you were having a bean and beer festival!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software