Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I don't know why they call it 'eternal patrol', rather than 'eternal rest camp'? I was never afraid in rest camp.” -- Howard "Shorty" Evans - USS Queenfish SS 393
Ralph has figured it out
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-09-18 2:15 AM (#30888)
Master and Commander

Subject: Ralph has figured it out

To make the motorcycle ride to the coast Submarine related. Ralph has agreed to stop at every real Sub Shop on the route (that rules out Subway's and the Philli Connection). He shall consume one cheese steak at each one, later reporting on the Cooking Channel as to which was best. He understands that Doc and Bob won't be able, or allowed to eat the sandwich, but he states he has lots of oatmeal for them. No sugar or salt allowed. So we shall all await his reports.
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-09-18 2:42 AM (#30890 - in reply to #30888)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Always wondered

At New London, the world's premier submarine base they called Submarine Sandwiches, Grinders and Hoagies...never figured that one out. Oh hell...they also called SOS, cream chipped beef on toast....On the SubRon Resuce Vessel, KITTIWAKE...the called SOS, "pus and scabs on a raft," DEX
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-09-18 5:02 AM (#30899 - in reply to #30888)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Ralph has figured it out

Walt, you are correct and when Bob McManus heals up he will do the editing, picture taking and ride shotgun in my truck watching those fool bike riders collecting bugs in their teeth.
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2009-09-18 5:05 AM (#30901 - in reply to #30888)

Master and Commander

Subject: Of course Ralph may very well have....

....his very own International Food Tasting Expert coming along for the ride....

I shall do my best to be there!

Blue *_*
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-09-18 5:20 AM (#30904 - in reply to #30901)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Of course Ralph may very well have....

Ahhh yes..... mention food and our best Aussie Mate appears like magic.
Jim M.
Posted 2009-09-18 6:05 AM (#30905 - in reply to #30904)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Of course Ralph may very well have....

Ralph Luther - 2009-09-18 5:20 AM

Ahhh yes..... mention food and our best Aussie Mate appears like magic.

Uh huh..they're still rebuilding the Middleton Tavern in Annapolis after Blue's visit.. but they still have his Wanted Dead or Alive poster up..
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-09-18 6:16 AM (#30906 - in reply to #30888)

Master and Commander

Sewer Pipe Snipe - 2009-09-18 5:15 AM

To make the motorcycle ride to the coast Submarine related. Ralph has agreed to stop at every real Sub Shop on the route (that rules out Subway's and the Philli Connection). He shall consume one cheese steak at each one, later reporting on the Cooking Channel as to which was best. He understands that Doc and Bob won't be able, or allowed to eat the sandwich, but he states he has lots of oatmeal for them. No sugar or salt allowed. So we shall all await his reports.

I have no idea what McManus will be allowed to eat once he recovers but you're correct that my days of eating greasy sandwiches is over. I can just see Ralph and Bob in that enclosed truck pinging on each other about the "non diesel emanations from the driver's side of the vehicle". Riding upwind from Ralph is probably going to be a good strategy if that's what his menu plan is going to be. I can just imagine Ralph's menu:
greasy meat
greasy cheese
greasy onions
greasy peppers
greasy lettuce
cheesy bread
Blue will probably show up about the time we enter North Dakota

Speaking of McManus; he will probably be discharged from the hospital on Monday and begin his cardiac rehab

Edited by Doc Gardner 2009-09-18 6:17 AM
C Stafford
Posted 2009-09-18 6:18 AM (#30907 - in reply to #30888)
Senior Crew

If Blue wants to make a name for himself at a resturaunt, there is a burger place in the mid-west that will name a hamburger for you if you can eat it all. The burger consists of a bun and as many patties and you think you can eat. The Food Channel showed a college kid eating a burger with thirteen patties and a plate of french fries.
The Food Channel was focussing on resturaunts that served large portions of food that only someone like Blue could possible eat, eventhough I have never seen him eat. Only heard stories on this site.
Jim M.
Posted 2009-09-18 6:26 AM (#30908 - in reply to #30907)

Great Sage of the Sea

C Stafford - 2009-09-18 6:18 AM

......Only heard stories on this site.

Those stories are true..believe me..they're true...
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-09-18 6:49 AM (#30909 - in reply to #30907)

Master and Commander

C Stafford - 2009-09-18 9:18 AM

If Blue wants to make a name for himself at a resturaunt, there is a burger place in the mid-west that will name a hamburger for you if you can eat it all. The burger consists of a bun and as many patties and you think you can eat. The Food Channel showed a college kid eating a burger with thirteen patties and a plate of french fries.
The Food Channel was focussing on resturaunts that served large portions of food that only someone like Blue could possible eat, eventhough I have never seen him eat. Only heard stories on this site.

What's the name of the place and in which mid-west state. We may have to take him there after we ensure that Ralph's truck will hold the extra weight. No way would we let him on the bike after eating a 24 patty burger.
Ric
Posted 2009-09-18 7:17 AM (#30910 - in reply to #30907)

Plankowner

...I have never seen him eat. Only heard stories on this site.

'Tis a thing to marvel at and see... I couldn't believe as he almost consumed the whole Horse & Cow, memorabilia and all....
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2009-09-18 7:18 AM (#30911 - in reply to #30907)

Master and Commander

It's all lies I tell ya!

Yes I have a healthy appetite, but not as bad as these guys make out it to be!

There will be no burgers named after me! lol

Blue *_*
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-09-18 8:17 AM (#30918 - in reply to #30907)
COMSUBBBS

13 hamburger patties??????? Just a "piece of cake" for our friend Blue. How large was that plate of fries? When Blue eats fries they come by the bowl.... like mixing bowl size.

Doc, Haven't you ever eaten at one of those old Mom & Pop truckstops? All of that greasey food is very important for the truck drivers digestive tract. This allows for lubrication of the hemorrhoids when making deposits along the side of the road in your favorite States like Ohio.

Edited by Ralph Luther 2009-09-18 8:17 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software