Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Records for enemy shipping sunk by U.S. submarines during World War II are held by two boats built by Electric Boat. The USS FLASHER sank 100,231 tons of Japanese shipping, while the USS TAUTOG holds the record for the most ships - 26.
For Steamboat et al from Dakota Bob
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2009-09-27 10:07 PM (#31197)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: For Steamboat et al from Dakota Bob

Hows thimgs going steamboat? I was an EN-1, when I retired in "77. Kind of missed it at first, but was changing too
much for me. Good thing I did get out when I did. I had cateracts and they wouldn't keep me anyway. I'm VA disabled
now. I put 4 1/2 years on the LST, and it was one big adventure, 4 years on the Destroyer and was'nt all peaches
and cream. I spent 10 months in Veitnam, riding river boat, one problem with that, I was the only American on board. Some fun on that. Will close for now, take care all. Bob

Edited by Corabelle 2009-09-28 6:31 PM
Corabelle
Posted 2009-10-02 2:31 PM (#31267 - in reply to #31197)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Well, damn!

My nephew blew out this morning with some really high wind gusts. We had a nice week-long visit in spite of the fact that due to some circumstances, he was unable to finish some business, which was the focus of his trip. He has an ailing wife and needed to get home.

I encouraged him to answer Steamboat's questions, and I checked daily for John's response. It never happened. A little disappointing to me.

Now, I'm reading that my Medicare (?) insurance will go up??? Or is it the supplement (?) will go up, according to Bob King. I'm a little confused. I changed to AARP (United Health Care Insurance Company) from Blue Cross/Blue Shield last January. The premiums for AARP are $20.00 less than BC/BS for the same coverage, so I'm confused about exactly what is going to cost me more? Bob mentioned AARP, but private insurances aren't going to be affected, are they?

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2009-10-02 4:29 PM
steamboat
Posted 2009-10-02 3:12 PM (#31268 - in reply to #31267)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Well, damn!

Sorry for not answering your nephew, Cora, things been a little hectic here.
Bob must have some adventures to relate regarding his time on the river boats in VN. Anxiuos to hear them. I got out just before Nam got heated up, 1964. I had a brother go over in Army in '67, though. I hope he has a computer at home so he can check in with us.

Cora, don't believe anything going around the internet about health care. Most of it is lies. Only believe anything from a reliable source.

Stay well, both of Ya'll...

Steamboat sends

Edited by steamboat 2009-10-02 3:13 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software