Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS Schley / AA-1 / T-1 (SF-1) (SS-52) originally named for Winfield Scott Schley, Rear Admiral, United States Navy, renamed AA-1 on 23 August 1917 before being Launched on 25 July 1918; Commissioned, USS AA-1, 30 January 1920; Designated (SF-1), 20 July 1920; Renamed USS T-1 (SF-1), 20 September 1920
Political Correctness gone mad....
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Blue from West Oz
Posted 2009-10-07 6:33 PM (#31390)

Master and Commander

Subject: Political Correctness gone mad....

....or Storm in a tea cup?

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,26181031-10229,00.html

I watched the show last night and found it to be funny.....if you can't laugh at anmything in this world, what can you laugh at?

Not too long ago, maybe a year or two, Robert Downey Jr played a part in a movie were he has undergone a pigment change to become 'black'.....this was a comedy and I don't recall any controversy at all.

Is it only OK for Americans to take the rinse or is it just a matter of people being way too sensitive?

If they had dressed up in drag, would that be offending the gay community, or even women?

I wonder if it just the whites gasping or do the blacks around the world ?

Blue *_*

Edited by Blue from West Oz 2009-10-07 6:36 PM
Land Lubber
Posted 2009-10-08 2:58 PM (#31398 - in reply to #31390)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: Political Correctness gone mad....

The movie that Robert Downey Jr. was in was Tropic Thunder, And there was some controversy in the States. Not a lot but some. There was also a movie about two African American males who were detectives and disguised themselves as white women. (absolutly no controversy. It was regarded as a brilliant comedy). Now you can't joke about women, races, sexual orientation but in most sit-comes men are regarded at being dumb, slovenly and is the butt of the jokes. I guess it's the old pendulem theory again. The pendulem was off to one side which was wrong so now it swings to the opposite side. Someday it may land in the middle.

Take Care,
Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software