Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: A submarine often navigates by sound when submerged. Sound can travel 3,000 nautical miles or more through water.
Attn. All you Hog riders
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

AtoZ
Posted 2009-10-10 1:29 PM (#31467)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Attn. All you Hog riders

Better move down a notch on the ladder, the Indian is back.

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/

Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-10-10 2:13 PM (#31468 - in reply to #31467)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Attn. All you Hog riders

AtoZ - 2009-10-10 4:29 PM

Better move down a notch on the ladder, the Indian is back.

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/

Indian has an impressive history but when I looked at them at the Motorcycle Show last winter and compared them to the Harley I eventually bought I gave Harley the edge in both styling and performance. There's something about that front fender and the lack of a front fairing that doesn't appeal to me. To be fair, I haven't ridden one so I don't know how they handle but for me; Harley was the right choice
I hope they do well; we need another U.S. Manufacturer.

(On the beach at Saginaw Bay.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments On the beach at Saginaw Bay.jpg (13KB - 384 downloads)
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-10-10 3:50 PM (#31476 - in reply to #31467)
Master and Commander

If that's a beach, where are the waves? Where's the salt spray? Where's the Boardwalk? Plus, I don't see an umbrella anywhere. The Indian had the infamous suicide clutsh didn't it?
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-10-10 4:11 PM (#31478 - in reply to #31476)

Master and Commander

Sewer Pipe Snipe - 2009-10-10 6:50 PM

If that's a beach, where are the waves? Where's the salt spray? Where's the Boardwalk? Plus, I don't see an umbrella anywhere. The Indian had the infamous suicide clutsh didn't it?

The beach is in the background; it's freshwater so no salt spray; no umbrellas since the wind was gusting to 35 MPH the boardwalk was turned into firewood and if you notice everyone is bundled up to keep warm.

Both Harley and Indian had suicide clutches back in the '40's and early 50's. The nicest bike back then, in my opinion, was the Vincent Black Shadow. Apparently Indian and Vincent once tried to combine forces and fit a Vincent engine into an Indian frame. I don't think it worked too well; somewhat surprisingly both companies are making a comeback.
John396
Posted 2009-10-11 11:08 AM (#31494 - in reply to #31467)
Old Salt

Long live BSA & Triumph.
Smiley
Posted 2009-10-11 11:39 AM (#31495 - in reply to #31494)
Great Sage of the Sea

Indian had a short run a few years ago and suddenly they closed up shop. I think it was a financial backers dispute,, I have a buddy who has a Chief he bought back then and he loves it. I learned to ride on my Dad's old 40 something Chief back around 66 or 67.. I did not appreciate it then as much as I do now.. (what's new about that eh?).
I love my HD RoadKing but my favorite bike was my Norton Commando I owned while I was in the Navy.. I bought it in Tacoma around 71..It was the best handler I ever rode,, But unfortunitly it had Lucas ( God of Darkness) electrics...The ride from Seattle to Groton was one I should write a book about...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software