Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Submariners are a special brotherhood, either all come to the surface or no one does. On a submarine, the phrase all for one and one for all is not just a slogan, but reality.” -- VADM Rudolf Golosov of the Russian Navy
STrange Coincidences
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-10-26 8:48 AM (#31786)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: STrange Coincidences

This past week Sennet SS-408 had two Shipmates depart on Eternal Patrol, Joe Clarke and Orman Graham. They both passed by natural causes. Both were Enginemen and serving onboard 1946-1949, both reported aboard May of '46. Joe lived in Covelo, Ca and Orman lived in Lake City, FL. As far as I know they hadn't seen each other in many years.

Sennet had another strange "coincidence" with 3 Shipmates that sailed together. All 3 were EMs, left the Navy and went their seperate ways, hadn't been in contact with each other until just a few years ago after they all bought land within 4 miles of each other in Hereford, AZ. Hereford, AZ is located in Southern AZ just North of the Mexican Border and might have a blinking yellow light in the center of town.

Is there a tie, not Olgoat's type, that binds us together in the Brotherhood of the Phin?
Any other "coincidences out there?
whalen
Posted 2009-10-26 10:06 AM (#31787 - in reply to #31786)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: STrange Coincidences

After my son started school my wife thought she'd get back into the workforce.  We needed a second car.  Cool, I thought, and started shopping.  Spotted an ad for a 1967 VW convertible. 

"Wow, I had one of them while I was in the navy."  Made the call, went to see the car.  When the owner came out of the house, I decided he looked familiar, then he called me by name.

Turns out we were both on the Jefferson(G).  He liked my VW convertible so much that he went out and bought one for himself! 

Twenty years later we're both living in Ohio (and working for the Air Force) and I get to (almost) buy my old car back.....

(And oh-by-the-way, he had married a New London girl, so did I.  They were two years apart in high school and had a lot to talk about!)

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software