Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: ENS Sam Hunter, the first submarine casualty of WWII on Dec. 8, 1941. He was attached to Sea Dragon moored next to Sealion. He was killed by shrapnel from the first bomb hit on Sealion penetrating the conning tower of Sea Dragon. The second hit killed 4 men in Sealions Engineroom.
"Big John" Fredericks and his USS CUTLASS site
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Jim M.
Posted 2009-10-29 12:30 PM (#31882)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: "Big John" Fredericks and his USS CUTLASS site

The post down below about John Fredericks got me thinking... I knew John via the various BBSes out there.. including this one. And as I've said, felt honoured that I'm able to associate with you, being an NQP and all.

So, I've been in touch with Paul R. and am now announcing the new URL for Big John's Cutlass site -

http://ss481.com/subron6_boats/ss478/

I figured, since both REQUIN and CUTEASS (a nod to Dex Armstrong).. er CUTLASS served in SubRon 6 together.. why not. The bulk of the site is up... still looking into a new guestbook - for the time being, Paul R. is handling that.

Anyway, Big John, you're remembered..
Stoops
Posted 2009-10-29 8:15 PM (#31900 - in reply to #31882)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: "Big John" Fredericks and his USS CUTLASS site

For those of you that knew John, I have scans of all of his submarine first day covers or cachets. I know I had scanned all of his cachets for the female nurse who was MOH but I don't have them.....I must have sent them to him email or put them on floppies..............
You can view the pictures by going to usspermit and select the photo albums. John's pictures are on the last page of the gallery.

Edited by Stoops 2009-10-30 7:04 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software