Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Helm, bridge...what are you doing 60 degrees off course?" "Bridge, helm...coming back from 90 degrees, sir." -- Roger Forgit, USS Tigrone AGSS-419
Revisiting Women on SUBMARINES
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2011-02-02 5:02 AM (#44878)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Revisiting Women on SUBMARINES

Here are the basic facts....There are women in our Armed Forces. They serve in the United States Navy and have made up their minds (our views on the subject are no longer relevant) and convinced the powers that be...political, command elements and most of the public at large that this is a gender equality issue. It is going to happen and soon. The foundations are being laid and being made a part of future Navy planning.

A lot of us here served on small boats where there was a complete lack of accomodation for modesty or condideration of personal preference. Those days went out the window with the advent of nuclear propulsion and the construction of monster submarines the size of cruise ships, that can easily accomodate the conversion and modification necessary to provide seperation of head and shower facilities required....Most other nations have figured it out and broken the code. The fact that we can't seem to come to grips with getting it done, makes it look like we have poor leadership that can't control their crews and keep the boys and girls from constantly jumping on each other, like testosterone loaded grasshoppers.

NASA seems to have broken the code and they live in much closer proximity. But all this discussuion about whether or not women should be assigned to the boats is a waste of time...They have passed that barrier.....What you guys should be worried about is when they start politicing for Pink Dolphins....designer deep submergence undies from Victoria Secrets....battle stations nighties and fancy lace curtains for the Goat Locker. Think of all those lipsticks and nail polish bottles rolling around in their lockers creating sonar targets.....At least you won't have bras drying on the Fairbanks covers and head tissue with little blue flowers printed on it. or will you? And the non-rated guys won't be required to pick up coffee cups, dump the butt kits and empty the sanitary products disposal units...or will they? Our friends from England and Australia cab fill us in on how to adapt as they have crossed that bridge years ago wuith as I understand, minimal effect.

Continued whining and complaining is a waste of time....The war is over...it's a done deal...the egg has broken and the chick has hatched....We should have seen it coming when they stopped selling sea stores Camels, cleaned up the language, put table linnen and vases of plastic poseys on the messdeck tables....put privacy curtains everywhere....started building brick, fully airconditioned guard shacks....and building submarines that damn near can't get through the Panama Canal and are named for states like battleships they are so damn big.....Hey we were halfway there when they dropped the Don't Ask,Don't Tell policy......Don't worry about women and start worrying about the Plan of the Day announcung Drop The Soap Festivals and Gay Parades through the wardroom....Cross Dressing Night throughout the boat.....and Enginemen comparing panties and body piercings? It's a different Navy boys and girls open to everyone and everything. Just wanting to toss a grenade in the hen house and stir up all the roosters here....It has been too damn quiet and peaceful....Somebody go turn on the Merry-Go-Round and unload the rifles in the shooting gallery. DEX

Edited by dex armstrong 2011-02-02 5:10 AM
crystal
Posted 2011-02-02 7:59 AM (#44881 - in reply to #44878)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Revisiting Women on SUBMARINES

(pink-sub.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pink-sub.jpg (48KB - 648 downloads)
crystal
Posted 2011-02-02 8:14 AM (#44882 - in reply to #44878)

Master and Commander

(Lauren-Holly-Down-Periscope.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Lauren-Holly-Down-Periscope.JPG (40KB - 3080 downloads)
Runner485
Posted 2011-02-02 8:20 AM (#44883 - in reply to #44882)

COMSUBBBS

That just about says it all....Thanks John. Gratuitous sex, that's what I like...
crystal
Posted 2011-02-02 8:37 AM (#44884 - in reply to #44878)

Master and Commander

(pink2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pink2.jpg (53KB - 646 downloads)
TSpoon
Posted 2011-02-02 8:43 AM (#44885 - in reply to #44878)
Great Sage of the Sea

Hey, hey that's my Qual Boat. When I first reported aboard I used to wonder why "no one would ask me anything and no one would tell me anything".

T.Spoon, DBF and Balao Qualified, 1963
dex armstrong
Posted 2011-02-02 9:07 AM (#44886 - in reply to #44878)

COMSUBBBS

Wonder how many officers and men will show up in headlines for getting it on with girls under their command? WOW...Where is the reputation we once had? I can see it now, "Executive Officer of the USS Lizardfish found in Captain's Quarters with buck nekkit female E-3 Beauticians Mate." "Lcdr Robert P. Diddly-doo USN admits to anatomical exploration of a female cook two years younger than his daughter." Yep can see it coming....One of the gals accepted for the initial assigment, is giving a talk in Annapolis next week. She did, according to the announcement, two years on a Burke class can. Dex

Edited by dex armstrong 2011-02-02 9:13 AM
Smiley
Posted 2011-02-02 9:17 AM (#44888 - in reply to #44886)
Great Sage of the Sea

dex armstrong - 2011-02-02 12:07 PM

Wonder how many officers and men will show up in headlines for getting it on with girls under their command? WOW...Where is the reputation we once had? I can see it now, "Executive Officer of the USS Lizardfish found in Captain's Quarters with buck nekkit female E-3 Beauticians Mate." "Lcdr Robert P. Diddly-doo USN admits to anatomical exploration of a female cook two years younger than his daughter." Yep can see it coming....One of the gals accepted for the initial assigment, is giving a talk in Annapolis next week. She did, accorsing to the announcement, two years on a Burke class can. Dex

Isn't that the very reputation we once had? Whew!! the trouble we would all be in if the truth be known eh?
HoweverI prefer to label the "girls" who serve our Country as Women and todays women are a different breed from those of our days.. And thank Goodness they are because they are being charged with far graver duties and put into harms way more often than even most of the Men in the old days were.

Edited by Smiley 2011-02-02 9:18 AM
GaryKC
Posted 2011-02-02 9:40 AM (#44889 - in reply to #44878)

COMSUBBBS

Tomorrows boat sailors will be different (like the boats) than those of the past. Professionalism will prevail, no-one will allow their emotions to upset or interrupt a well developed career plan.

(boatsailor2015.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments boatsailor2015.jpg (91KB - 11568 downloads)
dex armstrong
Posted 2011-02-02 9:50 AM (#44890 - in reply to #44878)

COMSUBBBS

Where,s all the jumpimg up and down....machete swinging...rock throwing.....ax tossing, grenade launching...bomb kicking...panty wetting and slow walking and sad singing? Women on submarines used to stir up more reaction than this tempid set of posts. It used to have boatsailors dropping dead from heart attacks....old grizzly CPO getting read faced visualizing the issuance of new cutlasses for lady type personnel with Ralph Lauren designed fashion scabbards (sp?).....navy gray serialized, title B gear tampon dispensing machines.....Family Circle, Womans Day, and Cosmo laying around in the messdeck....the whiffs of perfume at morning quarters topside....lace undies in open lockers and fake leopard skin lined foulweather gear. Ah the old days when there was no such thing as designer perfumed coffee....cutesy unisex uniforms....pin ups of George Cloony, Alex Baldwin and Pat Buchannan taped inside locker doors.....and Motrin issued for heavy days and headaches.

It's all new to me...but it is here now....arrived.... accepted and being implimented as we speak...It has become a sweeter, kinder and gentler sub force...no more nekkit women patches for ship's insignia....no more, "Gawddammits" when you drop an anvil or motor generator on your big toe or bounce into the raw valve stems on the air manifold when trying to get by the sonuvabitch in a state five sea." No more..."WOW, Look at those titties !!" in pointing out female physical advanced development in the after chow movie. No more telling senior petty officers what they can do in their flat hats." No more talk of the various manual dexterity accomplishments of the Bell's barmaids...instead there will be manicure and pedicure referrals.....kitty adoptions.....swapping of ballet dancer trading cards....gynocological instruments in the Corpsman's medical locker (That right Chief Gardner ?).....and signs reading NO KNITTING ON WATCH....

It's here and it would be the absolute zenith of stupidity to be an ambitious career officer and protest the revised policy....Well maybe if you enjoyed the climate and seals of East Bubble Gum, Newfoundland or counting pairs of pantyhose in a musty warehouse twelve miles the other side of Chloride Arizona. As we say in the new boatservice..."Have an solutely marvelous and peachy day." Dex......Look at all those veins standing out on all those old coots necks....Woooooooooooo

Edited by dex armstrong 2011-02-02 9:55 AM
BlackBeard
Posted 2011-02-02 1:15 PM (#44897 - in reply to #44878)

Great Sage of the Sea

Hmmm, thinking of one of the comments here. I wonder if they will ban nail polish and NP remover as atmosphere contaminants.

BB
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2011-02-02 2:58 PM (#44901 - in reply to #44890)

Master and Commander

Subject: No Cussing?

Dex,  when I was the Petty Officer ( E7 ) in charge of the Bosun's Store at HMAS STIRLING....we were informed that we were to have a female sailor amongst us, starting Monday.

I gathered my troops, about 10, and informed them of said news....I also said, I want the foul language to cease as I didn't want anyone getting into trouble.  Plus, at that particular stage of my life, I did not agree with swearing in front of females.

Come Monday, an hour or so into the day I hear the f word and the c word from the guys.

I went out and asked them to remember what I had said.    Their reply was...."Have you heard her yet"?

And that was in all reality, the experience I was to have with female sailors and female submariners....that most, not all, wanted so much to fit in, that they became just one of the boys and behaved like such.

So unless things have changed in my navy, and they have become all namby pamby, and yours is the same, I doubt too many things will change in regards to the talk.

I prefer not to hear women swear, and I prefer not to swear in front of them......but unfortunately in my present job, my standards have slipped....but it is always refreshing to hear a woman I work with not swearing and behaving like a lady, there are a few of them.

As for anything else, yes, you guys will have problems adapting to it, but I am positive the professionalism of the USN will shine through....or at least one would hope so!  *_*

Blue *_*
Corabelle
Posted 2011-02-02 7:13 PM (#44906 - in reply to #44886)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Is E-3 an enlisted rank, Dex?

Because the first women on subs will be officers.

Cora
Corabelle
Posted 2011-02-02 7:15 PM (#44907 - in reply to #44889)

COMSUBBBS

Wonder how much those set her back, Gary?

Kinda looks like bags on dairy cows.

Cora
Ralph Luther
Posted 2011-02-02 7:22 PM (#44909 - in reply to #44907)
COMSUBBBS

Now Cora...be nice
GaryKC
Posted 2011-02-03 11:10 AM (#44928 - in reply to #44878)

COMSUBBBS

(dexwholesale.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments dexwholesale.jpg (90KB - 606 downloads)
Mac McCoy
Posted 2011-02-03 5:03 PM (#44940 - in reply to #44878)
Senior Crew

Cora. Female Officers put their panties on and take them off the same as enlisted women. If I remember correctly.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software