Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I propose to you a new arm of war, as formidable as it is economical. Submarine navigation, which has been sometimes attempted, but as all know without results, owing to want of suitable opportunities, is now a problematical thing no more." - Brutus de Villeroi in a letter to President Lincoln, 1862
Steamboat: Recovering nicely from heart bypass surgery.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

steamboat
Posted 2009-08-01 2:06 PM (#29258 - in reply to #29125)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Steamboat: Recovering nicely from heart bypass surgery.

JOhn's hospital phone number is 1-757-594-2453. He is in room 453A at Riverside Hospital in Newport News,VA.
John had a rough night last night and went into defibrillation twice. They were able to regulate it fairly quickly, but it was scary. He did get up and walk up the hall 4 times today. Hopefully, he will have a better night tonight.
Mary
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-08-02 2:17 AM (#29269 - in reply to #29258)
COMSUBBBS

Thanks Mary for the number, but is he really ready for this bunch of nuts to be rattling his cage? Let him know that I'll wait until he's home before buggin him. Get your rest and get well soon, John.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-08-02 12:57 PM (#29280 - in reply to #29258)

COMSUBBBS

Hi Mary, thank you for the update on John.  Sure hope he had a good night last night.  Please tell him that "Lumpy Bumps" sends her love...and to watch out for those hospital gowns...they can be rather tricky!!! (GRIN)
steamboat
Posted 2009-08-02 7:46 PM (#29296 - in reply to #29125)
Master and Commander

John looked very good today and had a very restful night last night. He was up walking on his own. We saw his surgeon just before I left and the surgeon said he will probably come home tomorrow. He is really looking forward to that as he hates the hospital food! So he will be ready for you as he has been bored!
Don Gentry
Posted 2009-08-02 8:52 PM (#29297 - in reply to #29296)

Admin

Great news Mary!  He may like stuff he never did, and not the stuff he did before... but you know that. 

John, hug the pillow mate!  Walk as much as possible but keep the arms around the pillow for a while!

Don

Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-08-03 2:52 AM (#29300 - in reply to #29297)

Master and Commander

Don Gentry - 2009-08-02 11:52 PM

Great news Mary!  He may like stuff he never did, and not the stuff he did before... but you know that. 

John, hug the pillow mate!  Walk as much as possible but keep the arms around the pillow for a while!

Don

I concur with Don's advice. My surgery was abdominal and hugging that pillow was part of the recovery process and it sure does work.
Thanks for the update and we're all looking forward to hearing that John is home and on the mend.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-08-03 4:58 AM (#29302 - in reply to #29296)
COMSUBBBS

Bored??? Mary, that's probably what that old cajure is telling you, but I bet he's eyeballing and flurting with those nurses and not getting anywheres.

Edited by Ralph Luther 2009-08-03 4:59 AM
Don Gentry
Posted 2009-08-03 6:32 PM (#29352 - in reply to #29125)

Admin

Subject: Just had a nice chat...

... with John.  In short, he sounds GREAT and is in matching spirits!  He is at his sister's and will rest there for several days to ready for the 3-1/2 hour drive home.  I won't steal anymore thunder here as I think John may be able to throw a few posts up on the board himself before too long.

Keep a'healin' Steamboat!

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-08-03 7:52 PM (#29355 - in reply to #29352)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Just had a nice chat...

Ah, now I have to send the "monogram" gowns to someone who needs them...I was going to put "Swine of the Highest Order" on it, too!  RATS!!  ; > )))))

HURRY UP AND GET WELL, JOHN.  We miss you out here!!!

Edited by miss lumpy bumps 2009-08-03 7:52 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software